Toxins are all around us and in our body. We may breathe the toxins in the air around us or obtain from the food we eat and create a buildup of these in the body. Liver cleansing is therefore important to clear the liver of the toxins that have built up over a period of time. The importance of liver cleansing and health benefits may be realized and experienced.
Our immune system works with the kidneys and liver to eliminate the harmful substances from our body. When these harmful substances are present in excess in the body, they remain stored in the body until they can be removed in the capacity of the liver and kidney. This situation may cause negative effects on the body and mind like aches, fatigue, allergies, insomnia and headaches. Liver cleansing helps to improve the state of the toxins built up in the body.
Let us understand the function of the liver in details first. Liver is an important organ in our body and is the largest gland. The liver plays an important part in the essential function of detoxification. This is done by two step pathway, and when one of these pathways or both are not working, the toxins go into the blood and are deposited in the body. This can further create other problems like decreased energy, high cholesterol, mood swings, digestive problems and hormonal imbalances.
The health benefits of a liver cleansing or detox are as stated below:
1. Detoxification of the liver.
2. Nourishment of liver.
3. Overall improvement of the liver health.
4. Expulsion of toxins and waste materials from the body.
5. Proper hormone regulation.
Importance of liver cleansing or detox and its health benefits can be obtained various methods like:
1. Liver cleansing diets: They emphasize on removal of the harmful and toxic substances from our body through the food we consume. The diet suggested is a healthy diet restricting the intake of fatty foods, processed foods, alcohol, caffeine and sugar. It suggests increasing the consumption of fresh fruits, fresh vegetable, grains and plenty of water. This kind of cleansing also helps in weight loss because of removal of fatty foods from the diet.
2. Exercise: Exercise is an excellent way to mobilize the toxins through perspiration. Exercising will help you detoxify your body and keep you fit and energized too. There are poses in yoga which aid in cleansing of the liver. Pranayam or deep breathing and Suryanamaskar or sun salutations are beneficial exercises and aid in detoxification.
3. Fasting: Fasting on juices can help achieve liver cleansing and health benefits. Depending on the level of cleansing required, the number of days of fasting can be decided. The best juices to fast on are a combination of juices of carrots, beets and celery.
4. Supplements: Supplements can be taken to aid in liver cleansing. These supplements made with natural herbs help in getting rid of the harmful substances in the liver and enhance proper functioning of the body. Some of the herbs are turmeric, cayenne and garlic. Many herbal supplements are available in the market also for liver cleansing or detox.
Consume fish, seeds, avocados, lives, legumes and nuts. To achieve importance of liver cleansing and health benefits drink lots of water and lead a stress free life.