In semi vegetarianism, you reduce the amount of meat and unhealthy food you eat, but the major part of your diet becomes vegetarian. You have to exercise your willpower to forget old unhealthy habits . You avoid the red meat like beef, pork etc. more severely, but can continue to eat some amount of white meat like fish, chicken, lobsters and other sea foods. There are many reasons why someone might want to turn to semi vegetarian diet.
So what are the reasons why people become semi vegetarians?
1. Weight Loss– Everybody wants to remain healthy and have a slim and nice body. But due to our bad eating habits, this dream of many people stays just a dream. Many studies are showing that it can really help if people reduce their meat consumption and add a sizable amount of vegetarian food items in their daily menu
2. Vegetarians Transitioning Back to semi Vegetarianism There are some people who have been a strict vegetarian but want to start including meat in their diet. For many reasons a semi vegetarian diet is perfect for them. Eating white meat is considered healthy by many scientists and is a good source of protein.
3. Health Conditions -Going vegetarian can dramatically and positively affect our health, and can also help in losing weight for those looking to remove the excess fat from their bodies. Many people with health conditions want to give up on the non – vegetarian diet and start a healthier lifestyle to prevent diseases in the future. A semi vegetarian diet is perfect for them.
4. Vegetarian Newbie -A semi vegetarian diet is extremely helpful to those who have been a meat eater their entire life and want to turn to vegetarianism. It is a good start to give up on meat while still consuming some amount of white meat to satisfy that craving for meat.
5. Against Animal Cruelty -Those that are against animal cruelty and environmental depletion turn to vegetarianism to be a part of the solution. Converting into semi vegetarianism is a good start, but their ultimate goal should be becoming a lacto ovo vegetarian or vegan.
You should remember that even if you are determined to include the healthy habits in your life, it can be hard to get rid them in a matter of some weeks, some people are good at breaking old habits quicker than others. Old habits die hard, and they have to be killed slowly but effectively. As many studies have clearly shown to people that eating more healthy can improve a persons current health, the concept of going semi vegetarian is becoming more and more popular with each growing day. But this habit of semi vegetarianism has to be slowly included in our lives through some simple steps.
The simple steps to start the vegetarian lifestyle:-
1) Don’t place junk food items in your kitchen or your refrigerator. As they say, “out of sight mean out of mind”, the most effective way to stop eating the meat is by not keeping much of it at your home.
2) When you go shopping items, try to spend as much time in the vegetarian and healthier food sections as you can. Also, you should avoid going to the restaurants and parties where non vegetarian foods are the specialties. Try to keep yourself away from meat, and you can very well succeed in your goal.
3) Try to make new and tastier vegetarian dishes from the available vegetables to keep your interest in the vegetarian and a healthy diet. There are many tasty vegetarian dishes from foreign cuisines such as Indian, Chinese,Mexican and Spanish etc.
4) If you are planning to go a vegetarian diet, be sure to include some protein rich supplementary foods as vegetables contain much less proteins than the meat food items. You can add milk, soybean, pulses, and beans; you can also go for some protein supplements like whey protein available in the market. Nothing is important than good and healthy life.
5) Do keep consulting your physician or dietician when you go to follow a semi vegetarian diet as he can guide you to the best possible way of getting the full benefits of going vegetarian.
Now that you have decided to turn into a semi vegetarian, you should proud of yourself for taking a big step towards your goal. For whatever reason you have chosen to become a semi vegetarian, you should not give up on your goals and be persistent until you succeed.