For every parent health of their children is the most important concern. Children are very choosy when it comes to eating nutritious food. They get attracted more towards junk foods like burgers, chocolates, ice creams, and chips etc. that never contribute in the nutritional intake but in fact cause bad impact on their health.
Parents normally get convinced by their children and get them all the things to eat whatever they demand not concerning much about their effects. And similarly children also are not aware of what they should eat and what they should not.
In the present modern society mostly people do not have a healthy lifestyle and thus they are getting more prone to diseases.
As the childhood age is the actual age of growth and development and thus in this age essential nutrients are very important for the body.
Lack of such nutrients can abrupt the proper growth of the body and may lead to certain diseases sooner or later. That is why parents need to take special care when it comes to the health of their children.
Taking care of health does not mean that it results in overweight of their children by increasing their diets or underweight children by reduction in the required amount of diet in fear of obesity.
Children should be given required amount of essential nutrients that is healthy diet.
For that they should follow diet-health-weight chart or nutrition chart strictly. The dieting program should be monitored by a physician. The pediatrician will guide you in controlling the eating habits of the child and will prescribe the healthy diet, which is very much essential for the growth of the child. Pediatricians and nutritionists are of great help in chalking out the healthy meal plan, which is liked by both parents as well as children.
Tips that parents can follow at home:
- Avoid bringing junk foods to home.
- Instead of giving chips, give your child crackers and peanut butter.
- In place of dry fruits, offer fruit roll-ups.
- Instead of offering ice cream, give them frozen yogurt. .
- Be little bit creative with vegetables, like mash the cauliflower like potatoes, add cheese to broccoli, and provide ketchup with pinto beans.
- Have stock of cereals, which are rich in fibers instead of sweet cereals.
- Replace high fat cookies with vanilla wafers, animal crackers, graham crackers and fig cookies.
- Replace chips, or cracker jacks with pretzels.
- Cook the meat separately if your child dislikes the meat with sauce.