Nearly 2,400 people needed medical treatment, court filing says
Approximately 2,400 people today necessary medical treatment pursuing a lethal crowd surge last year at Travis Scott’s Astroworld music competition in Houston, a court filing claims.
Lawyers on behalf of some of the victims filed a new document Monday in Harris County detailing injuries that required “extensive” and “less extensive” treatment as a end result of the Nov. 5, 2021, tragedy at NRG Park.
According to the submitting, 732 people today sought intensive treatment for their accidents. An additional 1,649 folks necessary significantly less substantial treatment, it says. A lot more than 2,500 cases are nevertheless being reviewed.
“Plaintiffs will proceed to evaluate and update this for the Courtroom as more info and specifics are received and reviewed,” the submitting states.
The attorneys did not quickly reply to a ask for for comment on Thursday.
A spokesperson for Scott, who hosted the competition, said the rapper was unfairly blamed for the tragedy.
“It’s really obvious that the tide is turning as the authorities and public conversation has been centered on live performance operators and stability contractors rather than performers,” the spokesperson explained in a assertion.
The spokesperson claimed “all signals issue to a strong comeback” for the rapper.
10 individuals were killed including 9-12 months-outdated Ezra Blount, the youngest of the victims, when a group of about 50,000 attendees started pushing toward the phase. The other victims ranged in age from 14 to 27. Medical examiners explained they all died from compression asphyxia.
Scott opened up about the live performance in an job interview final year with radio host Charlamagne Tha God. The rapper explained immediately after the show he was “hearing things” about what occurred but didn’t initially know the extent of it.
“At the end of the day, these followers are like family members so you experience like you just missing anything. You do these demonstrates, actually, for persons to have the best knowledge,” he stated. “And just to feel that some thing like this transpire, you just check out to figure out … just wrap anything all over.”
Hundreds of lawsuits have been filed towards Scott and the concert’s organizer, Reside Nation, accusing them of negligence. Last year, Scott issued a “general denial” of the promises and questioned for many fits to be dismissed.
A spokesman explained Live Country was cooperating with investigators and will “address all lawful issues at the ideal time.”
This write-up initially appeared on NBC Information.