Proper management of the medical appointment scheduling process contributes to the betterment of a medical practice in terms of efficiency and economy. It is a fact that many medical practitioners have entered the medical profession not just for the satisfaction of bettering the health of a number of patients but because of the great monetary gains. Streamlining of the appointment scheduling process would ensure that the healthcare provider can spend more time with the patients, increasing patient satisfaction and revenue.
Outsourcing – An Oft Preferred Option
There are several medical establishments which approach medical outsourcing companies with the request to handle their medical appointment scheduling. If the scheduling is outsourced, it costs less that doing it in-house. Moreover, outsourcing saves considerable time. The medical outsourcing companies would use their own software or work with the client’s medical scheduling software. They manage the scheduling efficiently and in a timely manner, projecting a truly professional image of the healthcare practice.
Advantages of an Automated Scheduling Process
Here are some of the advantages of automated medical appointment scheduling:
• Reduced paperwork
• Helps to ascertain the availability of the doctor, medical assistants, nurses, and other resources of the medical office
• Office personnel can easily find the earliest vacant scheduled time, in a day or week
• Recurring appointments can be easily scheduled
• Patients can be reminded, in sufficient advance, of upcoming appointments
• Makes easy appointment cancellation and rescheduling
• Makes it possible to track referring physicians and insurance coverage
• Fewer scheduling errors
• Integrates well with many types of billing software.
• 24/7 accessibility
• Enables group scheduling
• Reduces no-shows
Efficiency in the medical appointment scheduling process brings returns in the form of improved patient loyalty and more profit.