How to Make Profound And Lasting Changes for Healthy Weight Loss
Astonishingly, "How Do I Lose Weight" is entered into Google 110,000 times every month!
These monthly searches really reflect the state of affairs in weight loss, as thousands of people just can not seem to find the magic pill.
And do you know why? Because it does not exist!
The good news is, there is a lasting solution to healthy weight loss.
You can start today with these 5 simple coaching tips for making profound and lasting changes towards permanent healthy weight loss.
1. Refuse To Give Up On Yourself – The first and most important step of weight loss is telling yourself that you can do this! Once you have made that decision to be 100% committed, you will find that you are stronger than any excuse. The brain is the hardest muscle to train but if you get up every morning telling yourself "you can do this", you will guarantee success and rev up your results.
2. Do What You Love – The key reason most people do not exercise is that they despise it. The key to weight loss is to find something you enjoy doing that elevates your heart rate for at least 30 minutes. You do not have to buy expensive exercise gear from late night TV or start running half marathons. Consider the activities you enjoy, or something you've always wanted to try, and get out there and do it!
Some suggestions are a boxing class, kayaking, mountain biking, dance class, anything! If you hate your workout, you will always make an excuse to skip it. Find an exercise you enjoy and you'll never have to work out another day in your life!
3. Be Real – You may have had to endure comments about your weight before from others you do not know, maybe even others you do know. However, I promise you, nobody is going to be harder on you than you are on yourself.
Losing weight is not a short-term gig. You want to change those old habits, learn to love yourself again and accept that this is going to be a gradual and continuous process. It's OK to have off days, off weeks, off months. Keep motivating yourself and accept that quality of life matters and you will easily succeed in your weight loss goals.
4. Do not Eat Less, Eat Right – I can see you rolling your eyes at me. Seems painful right? Well it does not have to be painful at all. Similar to finding exercises that you enjoy, the trick here is to reward yourself with foods that you love eating.
The best way to get started is to replace any calorie dense foods with nutrient dense foods instead. A popular nutritious food item are Superfoods like beans and green leafy vegetables. Consider what you are eating and finding less calorie dense alternatives will make a huge difference!
5. Stay Focused and Regret Nothing – So you've read the article, found your inner fire, and decided to take the first step.
However, the last piece of advice for you is very important. You have to be consistent.
Not every day is going to be a great day, and of course, you will encounter the occasional hiccup when it comes to your nutrition and exercise plan. Everybody does.
However, what's important is that you recognize this and accept it. When you stay committed to your goal, you WILL lose weight.