When call centers boast of uninterrupted services we may not realize at the moment that the credit goes to the hard work, sleepless nights and efforts put in by call center agents. The results may be success and growth for your business, but for them they output in stress, weakness and continuous fatigue as human body structure doesn’t allow one to go against the rule of nature that is to work in nights and sleep in day. The habit of working at nights can be adapted and acclimatized to with some practice, however can be really distressed for agents. To be attentive, vigilant and focused on the work it is necessary that agents should take care of their diet and follow a healthy lifestyle. Some of the necessary points are mentioned below:-
1. Sleeping Beauty: – Get enough sleep. Doctors say that sound sleep of six to seven hours have the potential to distress you naturally. Also, it helps you to unwind and recharges you for the work of next night.
2. See while you eat: – Greasy, oily and overcooked food will make you sleepy and inactive. You need balanced diet to keep yourself awake and aware. Skipping meals or overeating is dangerous when your supervisors want your mind on high alert. If you won’t eat, you will feel inactive and your listening and speaking capabilities will suffer. You won’t sound cheerful to the customers.
3. Water Power: – On calls and during the duty, you speak a lot which causes strain on your larynx and throat. To relax them, you are advised to take lots of water and alcohol free fluids.
4. Exercise to Stay Fit: – Call center jobs are sedentary. You should be fit physically too. Being physically fit enhances the confidence of a person and increases the mental stamina as well.
5. Friends Forever: – Be friends with the peer members. Share your happiness and sorrows with the. They could be biggest motivator for you.
6. Sins and Virtues: – Caffeine and nicotine do help you to keep awake during long hours but as it goes, excess of everything is bad.
7. Relax and Reboot: – It is okay to sometimes to not take work seriously. To take some days off and roll a joint with friends at some hill station or near a beach side. Working is good but joining work after two days of much needed vacation is fun!