Fruits and vegetables are best foods for diet when it comes to weight loss; they keep you full on relatively few calories. Of course there are many super foods, some you’ve never heard of and others you’ve simply forgotten about. Here, I’ve listed few best foods so you can make a place for them on your table and improve your health without a doctor’s prescription.
* Avocados are a good source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, folic acid and potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and relax muscles. It’s a high fiber food and you’ll also get protein, a good dose of vitamins A, E and B. The rich and creamy avocado is one of the best foods for diet and has been called the chocolate of fruits. Consume this food as salads or as a great side dish.
* Beets are naturally sweeter than any other vegetable and are one of the best sources of both foliate and butane. These two nutrients work together to lower your blood levels of homocysteine, an inflammatory compound that can damage your arteries and increase your risk of heart disease. You can eat the leaves and stems, which are also packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
* Soybeans can make your body stop storing fat. Soy is high in protein and the bean also serves up generous helpings of fiber, calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus and magnesium. How you eat this flexible food is up to you, cooked and mixed in salads, roasted for snacks or in tofu, or soymilk.
* Cabbages are best foods for diet as one cup of chopped cabbage has just 22 calories, and it’s loaded with valuable nutrients. Sulforaphane, a chemical in cabbage will increase your body’s production of enzymes that deactivate cell-damaging free radicals and thus reduce any risk of cancer. Put cabbage on your burgers to add a satisfying crunch or, for an even better sandwich topping or side salad.
* Kale has an earthy flavor that some people enjoy, but others find unappetizing. The health benefits of kale are credited to sulphur-containing phytonutrients. Kale is extremely sparse on calories, has no saturated fat, and does not cause widespread allergic reactions. It can be washed, chopped up, and mixed into a healthy salad and consumed raw.
* Sweet Potatoes have a rich content of vitamins, calcium, iron, phosphorous and other nutrients, which are required by a person to stay healthy and fit. They are rich in Vitamins like A and C, which are powerful antioxidants which help in removing free radicals from the body that could lead to various health problems. The health benefits are numerous and are full with high nutritious value, which provides overall health and protection to the body.
* The lentil is high in potassium, calcium and iron, and a good source of B vitamins, phosphorus and copper. You can involve lentils in your best foods for diet, as they are a very good source of cholesterol lowering fiber. Also, they are of special benefit in managing blood-sugar disorders since their high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising rapidly after a meal.
The above-mentioned are best foods for diet as they are excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals and are high in phytonutrients and antioxidant compounds. Also, they are low in calorie density and help reduce the risk of heart disease and many other health conditions. Readily available, what else do you need for a healthy life style?